Who needs to be registered

In each state and territory of Australia it is a legal requirement that any person using the title ‘architect’ must be registered with the Architects’ Board in that jurisdiction.

Architects provide consumers of building services with a range of professional services, including:

  • planning
  • strategic and land-use planning
  • urban design
  • provision of preliminary studies, design, models, drawings, specifications and technical documentation
  • coordination of technical documentation prepared by others as appropriate and without limitation (consulting engineers, landscape architects and other specialist consultants)
  • construction economics
  • contract administration
  • monitoring of construction and project management.